Live Transcoder and Bridge Live 1.13 Release
We are happy to announce that we have just released the new version of Bridge Live and Live Transcoder 1.13.
Multichannel Synchronous Transport Streaming
The most distinctive feature brought by version 1.13 is stream synchronization. It enables live stream directors or producers to work with multiple feeds that are precisely synchronized together and in real-time, so the workflow is flawless. We are incredibly proud of this aspect. It enables you to work professionally, yet it is hard to find speaking of similar products. However, it is almost a necessity in quality video production.
Live Transcoder is now fully NDI-ready. Network Device Interface (NDI) is a high-performance standard that allows anyone to use real-time, ultra-low latency video on existing IP video networks. Thanks to NDI, you can maximally use the capacities of software, devices, and networks to create visual content shareable with millions of viewers. With NDI, videos are accessible and easy to use by computer networks or mobile environments and maintain high-quality resolution. There is no need to buy new software and hardware. NDI is becoming especially popular in cloud production workflows where traditional SDI video interfaces are unavailable. NDI enables you to work with your current devices, applications, and networks. Live Transcoder uniquely allows you to shift from SDI to NDI and work in the cloud if needed.
Features for Better Work Efficiency
Drag and drop are now available in the configuration. JPEG 2000 encoding performance is 20 % higher, which means you can encode more video channels with your current hardware. DNS resolution of SRT addresses enables better and more practical workflows.
Updated Factory Reset – a little feature to make your life easier
If you need to reset your Live Transcoder into factory default settings, you will now keep the latest software version and will not return to an older one with the subsequent need for upgrading. I.e., if you have version 1.13 and reset your Live Transcoder into the factory default, Live Transcoder will stay on the latest 1.13 software version and will not go back to 1.10 with the necessity to update to version 1.13. Should you need to recover version 1.10, it is also possible.
- Multichannel Synchronous Transport (+/- 1 frame precision)
- SDI->SDI (BRIDGE LIVE->BRIDGE LIVE)
- SDI->Cloud (BRIDGE LIVE->Comprimato Live Transcoder in a cloud)
- NDI interlaced formats supported for input and output
- HDR supported for end-to-end SDI workflows via MPEG-2 ancillary packet support, SMPTE 2038
- Dual-Channel UltraHD workflows up to 30p
- Improved JPEG 2000 performance for multichannel HFR workflows
- Compatibility with AJA HELO Plus outputs
- SDI I/O Firmware Upgrade functionality added to BRIDGE LIVE upgrade packages
- Factory Reset now retains the most recent upgraded version of BRIDGE LIVE (vs. the original factory-installed version)
- DNS resolution of hostname for SRT caller output
- UI/UX enhancement to allow drag and drop pipelines.json into the left panel to upload
- Exposed details of H.264 NvEnc Rate control configuration in settings.ini (temporal AQ and spatial AQ)
- Resolved support for NDI audio in low latency mode (.ini)
- Fixed HLS output with AAC audio
- Settled half video-rate shown in dashboard for level B SDI input
- Solved output crash when using interlaced H.264
- Safari will not show unsupported audio combination settings
How to get it
If you are already our customer, we will contact you soon. Should you need the upgrade immediately, have any questions, or need assistance, get in touch with us.