New Live Transcoder and Bridge Live 1.12 Release
Comprimato just released a new update for our Live Transcoder and a new update for our and AJA’s Bridge Live encoder. The new v1.12 software update is our most significant release ever. For the first time, it brings support for bi-directional NDI® input and output, HLS output, video preview, and a handful of UX improvements.
Integrating NDI® protocol is an important step towards IP-based production workflows. Live Transcoder and Bridge Live can now integrate with NDI® productions and connect them with the outside world. It is now possible to transcode NDI® streams to high-quality contribution feeds with JPEG2000 TR-01, H.264, and H.265 and transport them over SRT to remote partner locations. Combined with the new HLS packaging, NDI® and other IP or SDI feeds can be encoded into a complete resolution ladder for live streaming.
The v1.12 release includes:
- Bi-directional NDI to SDI conversion:
- Take SDI input and convert it to NDI and vice versa
- Bi-directional NDI to IP video conversion:
- Take IP video input (H.264, HEVC, JPEG2000) and transcode it to NDI and vice versa
- Converting NDI streams for simulcast distribution with streaming services such as Facebook, Youtube, Twitch, or CDNs using RTMP/S or HLS protocols.
- HLS output packaging:
- Encode SDI and IP video sources for live streaming with HLS
- Video Preview:
- Preview of SDI sources directly in UI
- UX improvements
- Factory Reset directly from the boot menu
Note: SDI inputs and outputs are available only with Bridge Live product.