( Career )
C++ Developer for Image and Video Compression
We are a high tech company based in Brno and San Francisco and we develop technologies used for video processing and storage in high-resolution (UHD, 4k, 8k,...). Our JPEG2000 codec is the fastest in the the world and it is used by Hollywood studios, space stations, government organisations and by global companies such as Nokia, Technicolor, Telestream, etc. It is an adventure that we enjoy and we are searching for a new enthusiastic programmer for our team.
- You will collaborate on development of our products Comprimato UltraFlo™ (storage accelerator) and its extension Comprimato UltraPix™(plug-in to editing softwares).
- You will create a unique SW and its plug-ins for video processing in high-resolution.
- You will not end up with a boring “coder” job. Become an innovative developer with unexpected freedom in “how-to make it” questions and have a strong impact on software architecture decisions. We compress TV broadcast what is a critical infrastructure which has to work all the time without crashing.
- You will optimize memory usage and codec architecture.
- You will work on some projects individually, on some of them in team and you will be able to implement your own ideas and improvements.
Our new colleague:
- Understands complex algorithms, specifications of concrete CPU/GPU architectures and their memory hierarchies and is able to dive into details of individual kernels
- Has approximately 2 years of experience with programming in C++, but we are also looking for a skillful graduate who has already encountered these technologies and is enthusiastic about working with them
- Is interested in GPU programming and has an idea how video and image compression works
- Knows at least something about parallel programming
- Manages individual responsibility for a project
- Is able to work in the team
- Is not afraid of removing old code
- Can implement his/her ideas and optimizations
- You will join a young team in a well funded global start up in Brno, Czech Republic
- You will get freedom and trust required for your work
- You can adjust your working time according to your biorhythms and needs but with respect to team communication (regular meetings)
- You can work at home sometimes or regularly
- You will be in a direct contact with founders of the company
- You will get opportunities for professional growth and promotions
- We have the office on campus (FI MUNI) in an attractive area near the town centre
- You will get great salary conditions (quarterly bonuses + share in the company)
- You will have 5 personal days
- You can improve your English in a course with a native speaker
- Meal vouchers are a matter of course